What is tonsillitis?
When somebody has swollen throat and also has pain in the throat, then we say - "OMG! You have tonsil in your throat". And we suggest the patient not to eat that and not to do that and many more like it.
Actually, tonsil is a part of our body's immune system and they are located with a group of other tissues and their names are respectively lingual, palatine, tubal and adenoid. Tonsil inflammation is the only main reason that causes tonsillitis. What we usually understand as tonsil, but actually the original name of this disease is tonsillitis. And the palliative tonsilitis is the most common problem in our throat pain.
Causes of tonsillitis
Tonsillitis can be found only for some reasons. The following factors below are highly responsible to have this problem.
- If the throat is infected by a bacterial infection, then there is a chance to have this problem in the throat.
- Sometimes a virus may cause this problem.
- Any types of injury which are responsible for the inflammation may cause this problem.
Symptoms of tonsillitis
Tonsillitis is not only found in children. It also can be found in elders. Several symptoms can be found when you have tonsillitis in your throat.
- If this disease is acute, children do not want to eat anything.
- The voice of the throat changes to narrow.
- The sense of the smelling reduces.
- Headache and ear pain can be found.
- Often, two large plum looks like a berry beetle is seen to swell are seen rising on both sides of the throat.
- The patient may suffer from fever.
- Breathing can be difficult.
Prevention of Tonsillitis
Prevention is better than cure. So to prevent this disease, you must follow the instructions below properly.
- After using the toilet and before eating he or she must wash his or her hands thoroughly and frequently. As a result, the bacterial infection can be removed.
- Avoid sharing things like toothbrush, glasses, plates etc.
- When your child is suffering from throat pain, don’t let your child drink cold water. You must force your child to drink hot water.
- You must tell him or her to use tissue paper at the time of coughing or sneezing.
Treatment of tonsillitis
In the initial stage, the treatment can be done at home. If the condition is too bad, then you must take the advice of a doctor.
- If there is tonsillitis, the patient will have to take rest. Paracetamol plays an important role in preventing pain and fever.
- Patients feel comfortable when gurgle by mixed salt and antiseptic mixed hot water.
- Many patients are seen to feel comfortable when they drink the teas of ginger and lemon.
- Food-related to vitamin C contributes to the relief of this disease.
Treatment Under Doctors' Consultation
- The doctors will recommend you some antibiotics which cure most patients tonsillitis after taking the antibiotics.
- However, if someone has tonsilitis or other complications for which there is a problem of breathing, then the tonsil should be cut off. In medical science, it is called tonsillectomy surgery. If there are tonsillectomy surgery, then there is no possibility of someone having tonsilitis. Surgery is a solution for those people who do not want to face tonsil problems anymore, they can decide on this permanent solution.
Dear reader, we have come to the end of this informative blog post. We hope this blog post was helpful for you to learn about the symptoms, causes and treatment of tonsillitis. If you liked this blog post and if the blog post has benefitted you, then please don't forget to leave your valuable comment and rating about this blog post in the below.
Thank you for sharing your valuable time with Blog Support Web. If you haven't subscribed to our website yet, then please don't forget to subscribe to our website. The following video in the below will guide you on how to subscribe to our website. Thanks in advance for subscribing our website. And you are most welcome to our next blog post.